I started a conscious and active self-love practice on January 2nd, 2011.
What Is A Self-Love Practice?
It’s deciding to actively work towards bringing more self-love into your life.
Why Did I Start My Active Self-Love Practice?
My mom’s a therapist who specializes in helping people recover from eating disorders. She does a lot of body image and self-love work believing that self-love is the main path for recovery from eating disorders.
What Does This Have To Do With My Self-Love Journey?
I created my mom a website, The Love Warrior Community. I was constantly working on developing the community with my mom and making it into an interactive place where people could go to so that they could actively work on self-love, have a community of people with the same goal in mind and build a strong community of Love Warriors to spread the message of self-love to the world.
One of the things in this community is a group blog, SelfLoveWarrior.com. Working on building my mom’s online Love Warrior Community and blogging on her group blog is what activated my self-love work.
On January 2, 2011, my mom and I decided to blog daily for a month, actively incorporating self-love actions and thoughts into each day. I have always been focused on self-love and growth, but I never realized the impact of writing about it, writing with a focus in mind and actively working on self-love each day. I was blown away about the impact that writing had.
In January, 2012, my mom and I decided to write daily self-love posts again, but only 10-minute posts so we could see that we didn’t need a lot of time to consciously bring self-love into our lives every day. Since January, 2012, we started monthly self-love writing prompts. You can check them out here.
Back in 2011, by day 9 of my active self-love work and daily writing, I had never felt so good and so much love, positivity and joy. Actually, I had. The feelings of self-love, empowerment and confidence are comparable to the self-love, confidence and happiness I felt in my top life experiences: My 1st year as a 6th grade camp counselor, building homes in the Dominican Republic, my first year at Randolph-Macon Woman’s College – all of these periods have one thing in common: I loved myself unconditionally. I was living in the present moment. I was my highest self. I lived and breathed energy. I was 100% me and unafraid to be myself, not only unafraid, but empowered to be myself.
I realized something valuable. I can cultivate the above mindset, energy, confidence, happiness and present-moment living within a matter of days, and it happened because of the self-love work and daily blogging that I was doing. Consciously bringing self-love into my life is a mindset change. For me, it’s choosing to see what I’m grateful for, instead of disparing over what I’m lacking. It’s waking up happy, instead of waking up stressed and thinking of the list of things I should start doing. It’s finding joy from my activities, instead of viewing them as a list to finish quickly. It’s about being present and engaged in myself and my surroundings. For me, cultivating self-love is cultivating a positive mindset.
After the 1st month of blogging, I strayed away from daily blogging. I noticed the difference. I noticed the difference in how I felt when I took the time to reflect on self-love daily, when I took the time to write consistently, but not daily and when I didn’t take the time at all. I feel a lot better when I’m actively working on self-love, and writing about it helps me to keep an active practice.
Follow My Self-Love Journey
Below I have listed my self-love posts in chronological order.
What Does Self-Love Have To Do With Community Bucket List?
Community Bucket List is about empowering ourselves and others to achieve our goals, big or small; it’s about going after our dreams. It’s about living and loving life, now.
A happy person is more likely to succeed in achieving their goals and in pursuing their dreams. A happy person will be more motivated, more productive and more passionate.
If you love yourself, you’ll be happier, more confident and better able to help yourself and others.
Start Your Own Self-Love Journey!
You can also visit the Love Warrior Community to read, listen, watch and look at Body Positive & inspiring art, images, music, videos, body love letters, body forgiveness letters, poetry, short fiction and quotes. You can also submit your own creations or your favorites from others.
Start your own self-love journal, or share with the group blog, but begin today to become aware of how Awesome you are, and then share that awesomeness with the world.
Follow My Self-Love Journey From The Beginning:
- My Self-Love Action For Day 1/Jan 2, 2011
- No Can Be A Good Thing Too/Jan 3, 2011 – Day 2
- Rest: Day 3 Of The Self-Love Challenge/Jan 4, 2011
- Give Myself A Break: Self-Love Day 4/Jan 5, 2011
- Rest Again! Day 5 of the Self-Love Challenge/Jan 6, 2011
- Unlearning Society: Learning To UnWorry/Jan 6, 2011 – Day 5 (again)
- Frustration Friday:Self-Love Day 7/Jan 8, 2011
- Listening To My Body: Self-Love Day 8/Jan 8, 2011
- Reflection of these Past 9 Days of Self-Love/Jan 10, 2011
- A Great Relaxing Day: Self-Love Day 10/Jan 11, 2011
- Dr. Seuss: Self-Love Day 11/Jan 13, 2011
- Saying No, Again – Self-Love Day 12/Jan 13, 2011
- Self-Love: Nature Trail: Self-Love Day 13/Jan 16, 2011
- Self-Love Bucket List:Self-Love Day 14/Jan 16, 2011
- Self-Love: Valentines: Self-Love Day 15/Jan 20, 2011
- Self-Love: Overwhelmed: Self-Love Day 16/Jan 22, 2011
- Realizing My Power: Light: Self-Love Day 17/Jan 23, 2011
- Dreaming Reality: Self-Love Day 18/Jan 23, 2011
- Appreciation: Self-Love Day 19/Jan 26, 2011
- Restful Reading: Self-Love Day 20/Jan 26, 2011
- Letting Out The Dogs: Self-Love Day 21/Jan 26, 2011
- February Is A New Month: Self-Love Day 22/Feb 7, 2011
- Thought Becomes Reality: Self-Love day 23/Feb 9, 2011
- Start Out Your Day With A Smile: Self-Love Day 24/March 18, 2011
- Realizing My Goals: Self-Love Day 25/March 20, 2011
- Just Do It: Self-Love Day 26/March 21, 2011
- Waking Up Happy: Self-Love Day 27/March 23, 2011
- Traveling Around: Self-Love Day 28/March 31, 2011
- Self-Love Is … Self-Love Day 29/April 4, 2011
- Your Best Friend, Your True Love, Your Family – It All Starts With Yourself: Self-Love Day 30/April 18, 2011
- Self-Love Reflection from Day 1: Self-Love Day 31/April 26, 2011
- What I Love: Self-Love Day 32/May 3, 2011
- NY: Self-Love Day 33/May 10, 2011
- Bucket List: Self-Love Day 34/June 14, 2011
- Realistic Goal Setting: Self-Love Day 35/June 18, 2011
- I Decided To Take Action: Self-Love Day 36/June 29, 2011
- 51 Days To Make The Most of Life: Self-Love Day 37/July 8, 2011
- 50 Days To Make The Most Of My Life: Self-Love Day 38/July 9, 2011
- Action Oriented Morning: Self-Love Day 39/July 10, 2011
- Thinking About the Negative Can Be Beneficial: Self-Love Day 40/July 11, 2011
- Self-Love Energy: Self-Love Day 41/July 12, 2011
- Too Much of a Good Thing: Self-Love Day 42/July 13, 2011
- Having a Crappy Day Made Me Happy: Self-Love Day 42/July 14, 2011
- Learning What’s Healthy For Me: Self-Love Day 43/July 15, 2011
- Limitation vs. Choice: Self-Love Day 44/July 16, 2011
- Measuring My Energy: Self-Love Day 45/July 18, 2011
- Change Comes From Within: Self-Love Day 46/July 19, 2011
- Self-Love Is Letting Go of Self-Criticism: Self-Love Day 47/July 20, 2011
- Conscious Self-Love: Self-Love Day 48/October 7, 2011
- Happy and Exhausted/November 27, 2011
- The Answers I Need — I Have/December 4, 2011
- Self-Love Post in 10 Minutes/January 3, 2012
- Thoughts That Went Through My Mind Today/January 4, 2012
- What If You Woke Up and Did Something Completely Unexpected?
- Connecting/January 6, 2012
- Listening To My Inner Wisdom/January 7, 2012
- Letting Go: The Energy Value of Our Possessions/January 8, 2012
- The Positive in the Negatives/January 10, 2012
- Everything Is a Once in a Lifetime Opportunity/January 11, 2012
- Learning to See the Beauty in Your Fears/January 13, 2012
- Deciding To Live With Purpose/January 14, 2012
- Living On My Own Rhythm/January 22, 2012
- Struggling To Keep A Positive Mindset/January 23, 2012
- Breaking Through Unfounded Fears/January 29, 2012
- Relaxation: A Note To My Future Self/January 30, 2012
- I don’t know what love would do./February 1, 2012
- I Want to Live in the Present Moment/February 6, 2012
- What If We Don’t Want A Formula To Life?/February 7, 2012
- I Don’t Know What To Write/February 8, 2012
- Human Potential/February 9, 2012
- What Do I Love?/March 4, 2012
- Profiles in Post Collegiate Courage: Emelina Minero/March 6, 2012
- I Looked Into My Eyes/March 10, 2012
- Adjusting Others’ Expectations To Better Fit Mine/March 31, 2012
- Enjoying The Process/April 1, 2012
- Developing A Self-Love Practice/April 1, 2012
- Dealing with Anxiety/April 30, 2012
- Cultivating My Own Mothering Energy/May 8, 2012
- Being Grateful For Small Progress/May 9, 2012
- On Giving Up/May 10, 2012
- Being/May 24, 2012
- Difficulties/May 30, 2012
- Cultivating Energy/June 4, 2012
- My Favorite Method of Self-Discovery/June 13, 2012
- Changing No I Can’t to Yes I Can/June 14, 2012
- Celebrate Yourself Today & Gift Yourself with Loving Thoughts/June 21, 2012
- Inaction & Present Moment Living/August 13, 2012
- Stigmas and Judgements/August 15, 2012
- Not Sure/August 20, 2012
- Can I Accept My Own Brilliance?/October 2, 2012