Become a Part of My Team
I’m building a team of passionate individuals who want to help change the world and themselves in the process.
I’m looking for interns for Community Bucket List, the Love Warrior Community and for my new online LGBTQ publication that I will be launching.
These are non-paid internships. If you are a high school or college student, you can get class credits. These are virtual internships, meaning you can live anywhere and be an intern for the Love Warrior Community, Community Bucket List or The Queer Spectrum. Each internship runs for a 3-month period. You can apply to be in multiple internship positions during the same time and you can apply to extend your internship into the following cycle.
To apply to be an intern, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Internship:” and the internship(s) you’re applying for in the subject heading of your email.
Include the following information in the body of your email:
- Include your full name, where you are from, your Facebook profile and any social media links, blogs or websites you own or contribute to. Include whether or not you have social media and writing experience, and if you do, elaborate on what that experience is.
- Tell me about yourself. What do you like to do? What are you currently doing with your life? What are your goals? What are your pet peeves?
- Tell me which internship(s) you are applying for and why? Why do you want to be involved? Why will you be the perfect fit? What can you contribute? How can the community you want to be involved in help you? What about the Love Warrior Community, Community Bucket List or The Queer Spectrum ignites your passion and interest?
- What skills do you have, related or unrelated to these communities? What are your strengths?
- What are you most passionate about in life? (It could be more than one thing.)
- What are you doing to achieve/work towards/experience/live your passions?
- If you had a life motto, what would it be?
- What are some of your favorite life experiences?
- Where do you find beauty in the world?
- What inspires you?
- What impact do you want to have on the world?
- Lastly, tell me 5 things I absolutely have to know about you.
As an intern for Community Bucket List, you will work on your own personal growth and development by becoming involved in the community through submitting an action-oriented bucket list, through taking advantage of the other tools offered and by actively engaging others in the community through social media, through writing content for the Community Bucket List blog and through interviewing passionate members to be featured on Community Bucket List.
You will be benefit from nurturing your own goals and personal growth that working with Community Bucket List will foster. You will gain a stronger knowledge of social media, will have a platform to publish your writing and will network with independent individuals who are living their passions. In the process, you will also support and inspire others to achieve their goals, live their passions and lead happier lives.
As an intern for the Love Warrior Community, you will develop your own self-love practice, you will manage the content on the Love Warrior Community site, creating, finding and gathering content submissions to publish: art, photography, video, music and writing (poetry, quotes, short fiction, body love letters and body forgiveness letters). You will write daily self-love posts to our Self-Love Warrior group blog, manage our Twitter, connect with the community through your personal Facebook account and engage with online communities who are creating body positive, self-empowering, self-love themed content.
You will benefit by developing your own self-love practice. You will gain a better understanding of social media and writing. You will help others to love themselves and accept themselves as they are and you will get to share your creative expressions with the Love Warrior Community. If you are a photographer, a painter, a drawer, a poet, a singer, a filmmaker — you can create inspiring art in these categories and share your self-love inspired work with the Love Warrior Community.
As The Queer Spectrum intern, you will help me with the launch of The Queer Spectrum, an online publication that celebrates the diversity of the subcultures within the LGBTQ community and the individuals that make those communities rich. You will help create and manage our social media platforms. You will research and create an LGBTQ directory of people, organizations, businesses and publications that we can call upon for collaborations, PR, interviews and content. You will connect with LGBTQ people and publications to promote the launch of The Queer Spectrum and you also may be interviewing people and writing for the magazine.
Who Is Emelina?
Hi. I am Emelina Minero. I created Community Bucket List. I’m passionate about connecting with people, understanding and learning from the universe that each individual holds, travel, living outside of my comfort zone, being productive, creating, dancing, smiling, nature, women’s education, LGBTQ rights and global citizenry.
I write for Curve Magazine, the leading lesbian magazine in the nation. I write book reviews for EDGE Boston, a GLBT news and entertainment site. I co-founded the Love Warrior Community with my mom and manage both the Love Warrior Community & Community Bucket List. The Love Warrior Community helps people cultivate self-love and body acceptance.
I do freelance writing, editing, social media, branding and business/passion consulting.